View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Why your nick? 
Private

Just wondered where you all got your nick from? How it came about etc

Mine was because I was (and still am but not as much) into running. There's a thing in the uk called parkrun where people (thousands) meet in parks all over the country for a 5k timed run. So I was going to call myself parkrunner but changed it to road*runner.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 am
Private

Because my real name is Johnny Knoxville :mrgreen:

Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Wolverine ... ok comics fan :D , and Wutang ... because it was my first ET clan ... before that it was [GTEAM]Wolverine for Gruicky Team.

PS : TK is bad .. TK is bad ... TK is bad ... bouhhhhhhh i am a noob

Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Well, my real life nick name is "Al" (that's a whole different long story :mrgreen: ), so at the beginning I just used "Al" as my nickname.
But once I wanted to join the late [BuH] server and they demanded at least 3 letters in name, so I got kicked. I was so enraged that I just put 3 !!! at the end of my name to make a statement.
On the server we regularly played on back then, [FuN] (that was before Hirntot existed :mrgreen: ), some of the other good regulars and friends we used to play with put the !!! at the back of their nick, too, as some kind of a regular tag.
When we founded Hirntot in 2004, we decided that we needed a real clan tag, so the !!! went from the back of the name to the front and got some fancy brackets. Thats where the [!!!] tag comes from.
As just having "[!!!]Al" looked too short to me, I added some weirdness --> [!!!]Weird*Al

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Hi, my name is sTeiner, previously KuB sTeiner, in which I played by the movie "Steiner, the Iron Cross" and 37th is from my old clan, 37th Division in which I played since 2006 Et.

MFG sTeiner

Last edited by sTeiner37th on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 pm
Corporal
Corporal

My tag TBAR comes from one of the first RTCW Clans (TwoBoredAdminRenegades).
My name Flash Comes from "The Flash".
Because once (about 20 years ago) i was very, very fast in Q3A, UT, RTCW and finally in ET.
Now i'm old (60+) and retired ;-)

Klaatu, Verata, Nektarine !!!

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Private

As you may have intuited my nick derives from those funny voracious furballs.

It's the product of evolution of my old RtCW & ET clan names [cL]Kampfhamster & |iR|hamsta.

Furthermore I use SirHamstalot in a browser game - there an even more greedy character. ;)

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:17 pm
Private

My Nick comes from various sources:
My first name on Hirntot was TheDeVil, came from the game Stronghold Crusader, a friend and I looked for a name and I created this name because of one character of SH, DePuce, my initial D and his nickname Fil, so DeFil, later as our friendship fell apart I used DeVil and finally TheDeVil.
Back in 2013 I started playing MW2 and our three men clan looked for a clan tag, so we used the first letter of our forename and a specific color, mine was and is blue. We change our names a lot, my names reached from DaintMad, DMad and now D'Morphine.
The Name Morphine comes from one of my first videogames: A PC emulated version of Super Metroid on a CD my cousin made for me. Samus Aran could transform into a Morph-Ball, since then Morph and Morphine were some kind of a favourite Word for me. I choose the drug cause it chases away all your cares. And also M is the first letter of my surname.

D'Morphine

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:12 pm
Private

I drool alot. ;)

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:49 pm
Private

Way back in 1999 i had a grey kitten that sneezed a lot so called it snuffleson which was shortened to snuffs, i needed a user name for gaming that was unique, the rest is history.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next