View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:01 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Visit the How To Section before posting here!

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
ET Hard freeze. 
Private

Hi there guys,

I've got a fresh new build pc;

Asus RoG Maximus Hero vii motherboard
i5-4670k cpu running at 3.40ghz
8 gb corsair vengeance ram.
2 x ssd's running in raid 0
MSI GTX 770 2gb twin frozr gpu
Windows 7 sp1 ultimate.

On my previous pc ET would run fine.
Now I've done a fresh install, checked everything and even googled around for a few hours to see if I can find a solution but after about 20mins or so playing a map my pc freezes completely,
Having to then do a hard reboot. It's frustrating because when that happens it doesn't even leave a dump/log to see what's causing the issue.

Anyone of you have any advice on that?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:34 pm
Private

Tough one, is it overheating?? that would cause a system freeze........also what is your PSU power rating?

Could run Atitool, its an old program but will stress your gfx and system (will work on nvidia cards), if its ok after running that for 10-20 min and your system is still running then its unlikely to be a gfx or heat related issue.
Last time i had ET freeze completely was a good few years ago and was caused by my PSU being on its way out and the gfx card drawing more power than it could supply.... after playing for a while my system would reboot or freeze requiring a hard reset which drove me mad for days.

Where did you get the ET install from?...if its from here it should be fine, if not uninstall and use the installer from here by Harlekin instead.

Problem with new builds is it could be anything, does it only do it with ET or do other games play OK?.

Re:

Snuffs

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Private

Snuffs99 wrote:
Tough one, is it overheating?? that would cause a system freeze........also what is your PSU power rating?

Could run Atitool, its an old program but will stress your gfx and system (will work on nvidia cards), if its ok after running that for 10-20 min and your system is still running then its unlikely to be a gfx or heat related issue.
Last time i had ET freeze completely was a good few years ago and was caused by my PSU being on its way out and the gfx card drawing more power than it could supply.... after playing for a while my system would reboot or freeze requiring a hard reset which drove me mad for days.

Where did you get the ET install from?...if its from here it should be fine, if not uninstall and use the installer from here by Harlekin instead.

Problem with new builds is it could be anything, does it only do it with ET or do other games play OK?.

Re:

Snuffs

CPU and GPU are running cool as ice. It's a 650w corsair gold rated psu and with this build it has ample power. The ET install is from a mass installer, not sure if it was Harlekin's one. I might do that as well to just rule it out.

All my other games like Battlefield 4 runs on ultra with no hassle, dota 2, quakelive etc.

RE: I was playing a different mod for a bit. (silent mod) and it didn't crash. I'm thinking it might be etpro?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 pm
Captain
Captain

ET will use one of your CPU for 100% to reserve it. Can be your CPU is overheating. You might want to check it.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
If you only have one monitor, run et in window mode (alt+return) and check your CPU temp during the freeze.

ET is quite old, some of your driver might be incompatible.

you also can try r_smp 1 and see if it helps. It toggles an outdated multi-core support, on new system it might crash ET but worth a shoot ;)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 am
Private

Moses wrote:
ET will use one of your CPU for 100% to reserve it. Can be your CPU is overheating. You might want to check it.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
If you only have one monitor, run et in window mode (alt+return) and check your CPU temp during the freeze.

ET is quite old, some of your driver might be incompatible.

you also can try r_smp 1 and see if it helps. It toggles an outdated multi-core support, on new system it might crash ET but worth a shoot ;)

I've checked the temps and the core doesn't go higher than 45-48 degrees.

Could it be direct x compatibility ? I know a lot of older games don't like running with dx11

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:27 pm
Captain
Captain

ET use opengl. I use a 770 myself and don't have a problem. Do you use some custom config?
edit:
You can try to delete servercache.dat and hunkusage.dat and reinstall pb. If you not already did try it.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1381

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Private

Punkbuster can be an issue.
Did you know how you create a localhost with etpro?
If yes.

Create a localhost with etpro and DEACTIVATE PUNKBUSTER on your server (localhost).
Go on your server for some minutes. If your pc will not freeze, then it is an punkbuster issue.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Private

Could be PB issue is uppose.

Run PBSVC.exe from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe , it will check your current PB install is woring properly and fix it if it isn't.

Re:

Snuffs

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 pm
Private

-=LostcausE=- wrote:
Hi there guys,

I've got a fresh new build pc;

Asus RoG Maximus Hero vii motherboard
i5-4670k cpu running at 3.40ghz
8 gb corsair vengeance ram.
2 x ssd's running in raid 0
MSI GTX 770 2gb twin frozr gpu
Windows 7 sp1 ultimate.

On my previous pc ET would run fine.
Now I've done a fresh install, checked everything and even googled around for a few hours to see if I can find a solution but after about 20mins or so playing a map my pc freezes completely,
Having to then do a hard reboot. It's frustrating because when that happens it doesn't even leave a dump/log to see what's causing the issue.

Anyone of you have any advice on that?

i have the same problem.. since 1 month and idont know how fix it.. plz help :wall:

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]