View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Visit the How To Section before posting here!

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Kodek has huge fps drops, need some help. 
Private

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to thank you hirn family who voted for me to get lvl 4 in tot. Hopefully one day sum 1 invites me to join the family.

Now to the point. I have huge fps drops from 60-125 only when I am playing with built-in display on my Dell xps.
Whenever I connect my additional display via hdmi, my fps is stable 125 and there r no drops at all.
My conf is fine, resolution in conf is correct.

Rig specs r more than enaugh for ET:
Dell XPS L502X
Geforce GT540M
Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.20Ghz
6gm ram
Win 10 pro.
1920x1080, 60hz

Graphic card driver is up to date. Tried to uninstall and reinstall driver, same with et. Even tried to install older version graphic card driver with opengl 4.2 in it, nothing really helps.
From NVIDIA control panel I've changed everything to high-performance, same settings for ET to get max out from it. Also did this in power options to set everything in high performance.
Probably it's not necessary at all since ET dont need much and should run only in 1 core.

I have a little feeling that it's something to do with my PhysX configuration but I have no clue is it possible to set my laptop display to run from gt 540m or not

I've set it up to run via GeForce GT 540M but it shows that Laptop Display is running via HD Graphics 3000(integrated bullshit), doesnt make any sence at all.
It might be my problem becouse when I connect additional display via HDMI, it runs via GT 540M and fps stays stable.

Additional display is 2560x1440 and in conf I had to change resolution to 1920x1080, otherwise it started to lagg. Also additional display runs in 30hz only when it's in 2560x1440 resolution.

Any ideas?

And sorry for my English.

Best regards,
,kodEk'

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:09 pm
Private

open console and type r_primitives 2
maybe this should help#

Regards Chris

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]