View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Visit the How To Section before posting here!

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Et.exe has stopped working. 
Private

Hello everyone!

I've been facing with the problem above for the last couple of weeks.
My old cfg was messed up and I created new one. After I replaced my cfg game started to crash right after new map finished loading.
It's not happening every time but happens after 2-3 succesfully playing maps.
It's not crashing while playing, just crashes when new map finished loading and the game should pop up with Limbo menu.
I updated/reinstalled pb several times and seems like pb is not causing this, not having any kind of errors with pb.
Did clean reinstall(deleted all the maps also). It didnt seem to work and I even did format c, nothing.
Error pops up sayin Et.exe has stopped working and windows is searching for the solution.
I've tried to change hunkmegs and zonemegs, maybe it's something to do with these but nothing seems to work. I've spent hours in google to search for the hint what could possibly cause it but still nothing.

I uploaded my cfg, maybe someone who knows better these stuffs could take a look what could possibly be wrong with it.
https://www.upload.ee/files/6786072/autoexec.cfg.html
Maybe theres something in the cfg what is not compatible with server or it's maps.

It started right when I renew cfg. I think it's sth to do with cfg which is causing this. :?

Best regards,
kodEk

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:28 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

What if you reset all settings to default, just change your name and connect & try? This way you'd at least know whether it's really the cfg. Also delete autoexec.cfg before.

Just connect to Hirnlos and callvote surrender to change maps quickly.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:24 pm
Private

Tried it. Deleted cfg's from etpro folder, emptied profile folders and when tryin to connect it says empty cdkey, somehow it's not reading my etkey what I already hv in etmain folder.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:56 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I have no idea why deleting the cfgs would produce an "empty cdkey" error on connect, but it's not necessary to delete all of them, just delete autoexec.cfg where you have your custom stuff, then in the game reset to defaults and try to connect.

Also, make sure you don't have et.exe "run in compatibility mode."

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]