View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Should the morta be nerfed? 

Yes, but I don't know how. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Yes, increase recharge time. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Yes, add a delay between shots. 43%  43%  [ 23 ]
Yes, reduce damage/splash. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
No, it needs a buff. 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
No, everything is fine. 35%  35%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 54

Captain
Captain

See poll.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:56 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I voted for "add a delay between shots" because it's impossible to "reduce damage/splash" and "increase recharge time" would nerf panzer too, which TBH doesn't bother me too much as it is.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:08 pm
Captain
Captain

c0rnn wrote:
I voted for "add a delay between shots" because it's impossible to "reduce damage/splash"

You are sure about that? Nq does support changes to the damage of each weapons. I thought if it is possible on nq it should be possible on etpro as well.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Private

dahell nerfing my weapon ill kill you all !

Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:29 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Moses wrote:
You are sure about that? Nq does support changes to the damage of each weapons. I thought if it is possible on nq it should be possible on etpro as well.

Yes, I'm sure. It's possible on N!tmod and silEnT too I think, but not in ETPro, I've looked into this a year ago. Valid options are a Lua script to cause a delay or g_soldierChargeTime.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:53 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Another option might be to limit soldiers to level 0 or 1 on Goldrush only, like fops. Sure it limits panzer, mg and flamer too, but, just another option I suppose... Not sure how much of an effect it would have on the mortarspam, or how much the soldier charge time would have to be nerfed to have an effect...

Still, if there's any one with programming skills and some free time, something like this is still probably the best option:

Code:
function et_ClientCommand(clientNum, command)
   if (command=="attack" && clientNum.currentWeapon==WP_MORTAR_SET) then
      et.trap_SendServerCommand(clientNum, "Waiting 5 seconds until you can fire again...")
   end
   *here be timer magic*
end

Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:03 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Code:
function et_ClientCommand(clientNum, command)
   local wait
   if (command=="attack" && clientNum.currentWeapon==WP_MORTAR_SET && not wait) then
      wait = os.time() + 5
      return
   elseif (command=="attack" && clientNum.currentWeapon==WP_MORTAR_SET && os.time() < wait) then
      et.trap_SendServerCommand(clientNum, "Waiting 5 seconds until you can fire again...")
      return
   else
      wait = os.time() + 5
      return
   end
end

Except the first if will always be triggered because wait resets on every et_ClientCommand I suppose? I dunno I'm not a programmer but if I could write this some of you nerds can make it work.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:51 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

It is possible to tamper with the projectile trajectory/damage/splash etc. We could add some blind shells or rounds that detonate right after leaving the bucket :D
But all maesures should only affect mortar spammers. The casual lamor may fire his few shots and then leave, as he won't do much harm

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:18 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

You sure about that, I think changing damage/splash needs some messing with C code, but since ETPro's source code isn't available, that isn't really possible?

But blind shells is a good idea!

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:54 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Quote:
The casual lamor may fire his few shots and then leave, as he won't do much harm

There is literally nobody like that on the server. There are a) a handful of people who play mortar when they get the chance, know all the perfect coordinates and understand spawn times. And they are willing to play mortar for 20 minutes in a row. b) the occasional idiot who teamkills everyone with mortar and then gets lynched.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next