View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:16 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Should the morta be nerfed? 

Yes, but I don't know how. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Yes, increase recharge time. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Yes, add a delay between shots. 43%  43%  [ 23 ]
Yes, reduce damage/splash. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
No, it needs a buff. 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
No, everything is fine. 35%  35%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 54

Private

Im one of the mortar players but i thought this weapon is OP in the wrong hands.
maybe there is a way to reduce the splash area or reduce the soldier level speed.

the charge time is allready nerfed.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:17 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Code:
modname="mortarfag"
version="1.0"

function et_InitGame()
        et.RegisterModname(modname.." "..version)
end

wait = {}

function et_ClientCommand(clientNum, command)
   local weapon = et.gentity_get(clientNum, "s.weapon")
   if (type(wait[clientNum]) ~= nil and command=="+attack" and weapon == 45 and wait[clientNum] <= os.time()) then
      wait[clientNum] = os.time() + 5
      return
   elseif (command=="+attack" and weapon == 45 and os.time() < wait[clientNum]) then
      et.trap_SendServerCommand(clientNum, "Waiting 5 seconds until you can fire again...")
      return 1
   else
      wait[clientNum] = os.time() + 5
      return
   end
end

The problem is, you can't hook the +attack command, so it's not possible to add a delay between shots. Well, at least I tried...

So unless benny or dominik have an idea, I dunno. As I said, changing damage/splash requires messing with C code, and etpro's code isn't available.

So maybe the best thing that can (maybe?) be done is randomly kill the mortarfag the same way adrenaline does. Out of interest, can I see how the adrenaline kill code looks like? I'm wondering how that's done since it also requires +attack, or not? Edit: probably with ps.powerups, so I don't think this is possible to do with mortar. But maybe you nerds can prove me wrong.

Well, fuck. So the remaining options are: raise the chargetime even more and thereby nerf all soldier weapons, or maybe a lua script to set mortar's default ammo from 12 to 6:

Code:
function et_ClientSpawn(player, revived)
        if et.gentity_get(player, "sess.playerWeapon") == 35 then
            et.gentity_set(player,"ps.ammo",35,6)
            et.gentity_set(player,"ps.ammoclip",35,0)
        end
end

Sure, a fop could feed him ammo or he could get more, but I don't know of any other possible way to nerf the mortar. Edit: running a timer every x seconds to check if ammo > 6 and set it back to 6 would work too (if et.gentity_get(player, "ps.ammo",35) > 6).

Last edited by c0rnn on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:32 pm
Private

Since some people have been begging me (Blue) to post something on this forum (and I am a mortar user), I guess I'll have to defend it.

First thing ... A weapon is only as good as the player using it. In the hands of a rookie, it is useless, whether its a k43nader, Sniper rifle or Mp40/Thompson/Colt.

Second ... We use it exactly how it came to the game, with normal firing rate and damage (same thing doesnt happen with norecoil snipers that change core game settings to a point that it shoots 3x faster than anything).

Third ... It can be used by both teams, exactly in the same circumstances (and they are really useful for both teams in all maps)

Honestly, I'll go for whatever the admins decide to do. However, I'm telling you right now it is a really bad principle to start changing game rules this much (and they have been changed to a reasonable level I think, like no heavy weapon zones, no spawnkill, no spawncamp, etc) to a point that it ruins it's dynamic.

In conclusion, mortar is a weapon like any other, some love it and some hate it.
At the end of the day, you'd be punishing a couple of players that use the weapon instead of the weapon itself. Nerf it and the weapon becomes irrelevant and completely useless to the game, making sure people won't use it anymore (which is what some want).

As an example ... Should we reduce the firing rate and number of casings of an Mp40 because a certain player is amazingly good at it, better than the majority of people using it, and kills five players easily? Does that make the weapon overpowered? Because that is the real question and what it comes to, player VS weapon. Is it the player's know-how/skill and experience or is it the weapon fault?

Wink wink ... I think what some people want is a fifty second protection and a freeway to the enemy spawn, like all rambos do :)

Happy games :D and a hug for my m8 lowcnut :3

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:05 am
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

WamBamThankYouMam wrote:
Second ... We use it exactly how it came to the game, with normal firing rate and damage (same thing doesnt happen with norecoil snipers that change core game settings to a point that it shoots 3x faster than anything).

4000 DPI
/sensitivity 2.3
/m_pitch 0.04
/com_maxfps 71

hot ET, me confirme

WamBamThankYouMam wrote:
Is it the player's know-how/skill and experience or is it the weapon fault?

In case of mortar, it's the weapon's fault because the developers thought it was a good idea to set it to 2-3x panzerfaust damage and blast radius.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:19 am
Private

It doesn't take a genius to dodge a few mortar shots. Seriously, it's not hard, you know exactly when it will come. So much complaining over nothing.
I don't use mortar much but I like that this game reflects WW2 weaponry properly.

Last edited by TaxmanD the zen on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

TaxmanD the zen wrote:
It doesn't take a genius to dodge a few mortar shots. Seriously, it's not hard, you know exactly when it will come. So much complaining over nothing.

Please give us instructions on how to play ET, o' mighty one. Does it require us to equip a flamethrower and walk with a steady pace around the bank to the truck area, where we set camp?

Wow. Such pro. Much skill. Very ET.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:10 pm
Private

Here's the real reason, by the man itself, of so much whining about mortar, taken on the 29th of February.

I rest my case.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:56 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I'm not sure what those screenshots are supposed to show that wasn't already known. It's been stated pretty early in the discussion that the issue lies with people who actually abuse the weapon. Same way it's been with adrenaline many years back.

The screenshots look a bit like saying: "hey look guys, he actually only cares about mortar if it's being used!"

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:38 pm
Private

Abuse the weapon? So if a player panzer-hoggs for six maps, is that considered abusing? I think panzer is worse than mortar, not only because it's mobile and, having four stars as a soldier, causes alot of damage.

"The screenshots look a bit like saying: "hey look guys, he actually only cares about mortar if it's being used!" Dominikh

It's not the fact that it's being used that they complain about, it's being used by four specific players. He doesn't complain about Explorer, for instance, and some other mortar-using players. He just has a problem with four people, which Im assuming its n00binator, Joe, me, QPA and prob Snossi, all playing by the rules established by the admins of this server.

Idk, sounds to me that he doesn't like the weapon (clearly) and he complains about it enough to get people voting to ban it or nerf it. Mortar has been used on this server for years and no one ever complained about it. Now that its being used more efficiently, like it should, people start whining.

Please, take it like a player and try working around it (Thanks what I do everytime I'm mortar-killed).

Cheers.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:49 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

You're right that pf and mortar should be treated similarly with regard to our rules. This has always been the case and we've posted a clarification at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2364&p=24430#p24430

Do note, however, that this thread is primarily about a balance change and not new rules.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next