View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dominik aka Doctor aka Vile.... set me Level -1 from Level 7 
Private

... and without giving any reason or warning.

You members from Hirntot should ask him about his recent behaviour on the server which is getting more and more erratic.
While (thank goodness) he is not often on the server the times he is he e.g. gibs me and other players who tk him
(which sometimes happens... I always try to avoid it... but hey - we have installed an autokick for teamdamage so why gib?).

I understand being nice on the server is one of the virtues of this community but he is no good example of that in any ways.
Today he called me an asshole because I play mortar, and he calls others names too - so today I responded accordingly and quoted him and criticized his gibbing of other players.

Giving me Level -1 is ridiculous since I am one of the more active admins on that server and actually give a damn about the rules and keep asking ppl to uphold them too!!!!

So I ask you to restore my former status and talk some sense into him.

Thanks

I played with alias: shock&awe

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

http://www.yawn.be/v2/player/etproguid/ ... 5F5A2C49C0
http://www.yawn.be/playerDetails.yawn?p ... rid=195713
http://www.yawn.be/playerDetails.yawn?p ... rid=195713

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:44 pm
Corporal
Corporal

Id appreciate some words, but just links that show stuff which particularly is 10 years old.

For internal discussion i started a topic on hunting ground.

PPL playing on our servers who have sth to add, are OFC welcome to post here.

Ciao
Ingo

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:24 am
Private

Im 1 of the players that are almost every evening playing and also allmost every evening on ts.
I know misantropos very well, he never tk's on purpose, and playing mortar is just all in the game.
I see no reason to take all his lvl's

If u want an honest admin on the server, misantropos is ur man. ( cuz there are not many admins at the server when we play )
He understands the game and knows when the game needs a shuffle, pause, or restart and stuff.

bb
WICKED**

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:49 pm
Private

wicked** said it all.

I know misan for many years and he is one of the most active admins in the game, doing his job well and taking it serious. Playing soldier with weapons avaible as others playing cvop or medic.

He was cheating 10 years ago...?
If so then this is the best example of how rascal became paladin ;)

I, also, see no reason to take all his levels. It would be shame to lose him ...
if two guys are fighting, let their fists be flying, but why take all his levels?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 pm
Private

He is good person, always does the right things as an admin and he's not too sensitive for some jokes, sentences in polish language etc. Just a cool guy to deal with and I think he deserve admin level.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:23 pm
Private

First of all. I'm utterly uninterested in the 'hate mortar' debate.
Whats really important is whether the yawn details provided by Dominikh are those of Misanthropos.

If they aren't then please carry on with the mortardrama without me.

If they are then wtf????

How does a caught and convicted serial cheater get Level 7? Did the Hirn 'Powers that be' just discover those ugly little red triangles now? Or were these details known but 'overlooked'?

Misanthropos, if the yawn details are yours then you are lucky to be allowed to play on Hirn at all. If they aren't then I would demand an apology.

I've played this game for 13 years. Always for fun. Always for the team and the Obj. I don't care how you play as long as it is within the server rules.

Cheaters have a total disregard for anyone other than themselves. They hold all other players in complete contempt. But most of all they destroy the sense of trust that is so important to me having fun. When you frag me I don't care because I trust your superior shooting and movement skills. But these cheating wankers erode my trust and my fun because I'm wondering, hmmm. I don't want to be wondering if you are using 'enhancements', I just want to have fun.

Hirntot can deal with this 'inhouse' but this is a forum for the everyday players like me.

Misanthropos, you have always struck me as fair and decent on the server. But if those details are yours then you deserve to know how I feel. Which is ++UNGOOD. (Look it up)

My opinion is that you should be allowed to play on Hirn but lose your levels. I'm sorry but I don't see why you should profit from being a cheat.

Anyhoo...that's my 2 cents.

UNK+BMG

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:13 am
Private

The short answer: Yes, I once used eth hack to see what it does, how it does it and if I can get it to work with linux.

The whole story:

At that time I have heard of Aimbots/Wallhacks and saw cheaters regularly on servers joining as covops with sten and getting monsterkills. Of course it was so obvious that we immediately kicked those guys. (I was an admin on kreiswehrersatzamt).

So I knew there were a lot of cheats out there on MS-Systems, but.. not for Linux.
I can't recall how I have learned of the eth hack but I heard of #NC (netcoders) so I found a binary and tried it. Went on some servers - made no doubt about me using a cheat (insane settings like autoshoot on sight) and got kicked rightfully which took max. 3 minutes.

I did not even try to hide my etkey or player name or chose a name to make it obvious because I was not going to use them on a regular basis. I think I deactivated it within the same day. Been there - done that - absolutely boring.

However that hack works in Linux by preloading a library. And without that preload there is no hack going on. But what happened afterwards a couple of times was me getting kicked from a server out of nothing because PB over time checked different things (like specific files and/or config settings - all eth related). So I was kicked for having those files/config settings.... without actually using them.
That is one reason it looks like I have been hacking for some time.

A year later I was playing truecombat:elite very frequently, which is a mod similar to counterstrike for et. The nature of the mod is being stealthy and cautious. Hell I died so often at the beginning because I ran too often around like in et - which is totally fatal.
But then even when I was absolutely stealthy some players just knew I was somewhere and out of nothingness came a grenade or someone sneaked up from behind when I was not looking in that direction.... just to often to be true...
Wallhacks of course but how could I be sure? At the time I didn't know about r_shownormals.

The binary version of the eth hack was not working with truecombat:elite but then the source code of the eth hack was published and I modified it to work with truecombat:elite and yes - I used it a couple of times to test it - and got kicked too because I was not hiding it as before... again: just for a couple of times....
But the main reason was to bust cheaters because I would reconnect and spectate someone suspicious with the hack on - and would show my roomy who was playing with me often the cheaters in action.

Well... PB got updated... the whole thing with files/configs started over and I got kicked from servers even without having cheated - even moving the files to a subdirectory where I could not use them would lead to a kick I remember. So there was a new series of me suspected of cheating.

So thats it. I got rid of thoses files/config entries and would not need to use it ever again because it takes one to know one - and after I knew how and what a cheater sees it became even more obvious to me how to identify a cheater.

You know me as a heavy weapons guy - especially mortar! That eth hack was an aimbot/wallhack and NOT mortar related in any ways. I have been accused of mortarcam so often but don't you think after 10 years of mortarcam even the lowest lowbob would get bored? I have never used a mortarcam - I know they exist - by watching youtube videos. But all you can do is place the curser and press a button. I does not take into account the movement of the enemy... so I think I am far better than any mortarcam :D

Its over 10 years ago now when I used that hack and to me its just a cheap smear campaign from dominikh for reasons unknown to me.

I have not used that hack or any other ever again.

So if you - dear audience think - I don't deserve admin level - then I will just give in. Its far easier to just play and let others do that job... or not. I don't want to point fingers....

Cheers

Misan

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:21 pm
Private

Amazing how many cheaters after having been caught 'did it just to see what it was like'.

I've never needed to see what it was like. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a cheat. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of someone who plays well and cleverly. There are a few in between that I've suspected but can't be 100% sure.

I know I've never felt the need to 'find out' what it's like to cheat. I once had my own server for about a year and I did ban a few players who were either cheating or were so good that they spoiled it for others. I didn't need to cheat to be better at spotting cheats. I have no time for anyone who cheats at any time for any reason.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:21 pm
Private

"You know me as a heavy weapons guy - especially mortar! That eth hack was an aimbot/wallhack and NOT mortar related in any ways. I have been accused of mortarcam so often but don't you think after 10 years of mortarcam even the lowest lowbob would get bored? "

obviously you don't. besides, how can you even proof if a guy is using mortar cam or not.

"Its far easier to just play and let others do that job... or not. I don't want to point fingers...."

coming from the guy who is always sitting at the back of the map, tk'ing the guys who actually want to attack, always playing allied mortar. Axis get raped in the goldrush spawn, nothing happens. Allied can't get tank in the first five minutes, lets shuffle up to three times. Besides, haven't you noticed that the random shuffle's usually dont do much? I have said it before and I will say it again: the 24/7 mortar guys just destroy half the game play that is ET. Goldrush used to be the best map the server had to offer, these days you have to count yourself lucky not to be locked in by mg + mortar spawnexit spam.

And about the whole ' im not spawnkilling with mortar': If you look at the red zones you aren't technically speaking spawnkilling but de facto you are. Allied respawn : one huge red area stretching way out of spawn into the open. Axis respawn: o lets draw this small square inside and leave the exits non coloured. So legally speaking you aren't spawnkilling.

But i digress, let's get back on topic: how can a busted cheater, with a red yawn be an admin?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next