View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dominik aka Doctor aka Vile.... set me Level -1 from Level 7 
Corporal
Corporal

Hi there,

Misan forgot to mention that this history is know to the higher admins of our community for years. Before he gained higher levels there was a talk with him about it and the decision was clear, because otherwise he wouldn't have gained his level.

misanthropos wrote:
So if you - dear audience think - I don't deserve admin level - then I will just give in. Its far easier to just play and let others do that job... or not. I don't want to point fingers....

I really like the player on server and here in forum, but don't get me wrong. I don't think its up to them to withdraw a decision that was taken years ago by ppl who "were born here on !!!". *Usually* those decisions here aren't made by 1 person, we are a community - also on member side - that acts after all opinion are heard and discussed.

Ciao
Ingo

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 am
Corporal
Corporal

evirdrevo wrote:
I have said it before and I will say it again: the 24/7 mortar guys just destroy half the game play that is ET. Goldrush used to be the best map the server had to offer, these days you have to count yourself lucky not to be locked in by mg + mortar spawnexit spam.

IMHO your post is a bit OT. The mortar discussion is closed so far.

Quote:
But i digress, let's get back on topic: how can a busted cheater, with a red yawn be an admin?

Pretty easy, he was playing for a long time on server. Helped to be !!! a fair place, was respectful, got leveled up time by time and OFC was playing clean here. I personally don't care if other ppl have cheated ago, as long as they play clean on our beloved servers. Anything else would mean that we think ppl aren't able to develop themselves.

Further infos given in my other post here.

Ciao
Ingo

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 am
Private

It takes a special kind of person that has total disregard for other people to look for, find, install, then play using, hax.

Fine, people can grow up. People can make mistakes and feel remorse. Let them play. Make them admin? :?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 am
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

OgniW@n wrote:
Hi there,

Misan forgot to mention that this history is know to the higher admins of our community for years. Before he gained higher levels there was a talk with him about it and the decision was clear, because otherwise he wouldn't have gained his level.

misanthropos wrote:
So if you - dear audience think - I don't deserve admin level - then I will just give in. Its far easier to just play and let others do that job... or not. I don't want to point fingers....

I really like the player on server and here in forum, but don't get me wrong. I don't think its up to them to withdraw a decision that was taken years ago by ppl who "were born here on !!!". *Usually* those decisions here aren't made by 1 person, we are a community - also on member side - that acts after all opinion are heard and discussed.

Ciao
Ingo

Sorry, but I don't remember any such internal discussion, and I certainly couldn't find a forum thread. Should I be looking for a title a la "giving admin rights to former cheater", or was it called something else?

Edit: also, every time we say "no second chances!" to cheaters who appeal their bans, do we really mean "no second chances… unless you're friends with the admins"?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 am
Corporal
Corporal

Hello dominik,

nice to see you active.
dominikh wrote:

Sorry, but I don't remember any such internal discussion, and I certainly couldn't find a forum thread. Should I be looking for a title a la "giving admin rights to former cheater", or was it called something else?

Edit: also, every time we say "no second chances!" to cheaters who appeal their bans, do we really mean "no second chances… unless you're friends with the admins"?

But shouldnt you 1st of all drop into the topic in the admin area, where you got asked to explain your acting? If youve got problems to find it, i can OFC help ya out:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3328

Ciao
Ingo

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:26 am
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Explaining myself to you would mean I care about your opinion. I do not.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am
Corporal
Corporal

Mate,

dominikh wrote:
Explaining myself to you would mean I care about your opinion. I do not.

you got me wrong. Its not about explaining to me. Its about your fellow admin mates, whom should have been involved in your actions.

Sorry if my posting wasnt clear in that way.

Ciao
Ingo

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:17 pm
Private

Nice to see that the mortarcamgeek is finaly busted.
Took long enough...

[quote="[!!!]El*Ejecutor"]
P.S.: Spawnkilling without killing anyone isn't allowed too.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Private

OgniW@n wrote:
Hi there,

Why didnt you say so at the start of the discussion? And you are basically saying you guys are ok with cheaters as long as they act 'nice' (24/7 spawnkilling with mortar?) Lets just unban all our past cheaters, they might turn out to be 'nice' guys as well. No wait, lets make them admins!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 pm
Private

evirdrevo wrote:
And you are basically saying you guys are ok with cheaters as long as they act 'nice' (24/7 spawnkilling with mortar?) Lets just unban all our past cheaters, they might turn out to be 'nice' guys as well. No wait, lets make them admins!

Mortars are annoying but that is in no way relevant for this matter, so I don't get why you mention this everytime here.

For the cheating part, it was like 10 years ago; even most actual crimes would be time-barred by now. Just get over it and stop dramatizing this. "Let's unban all past cheaters and make them admins"; that's just ridiculous.
Also some cheaters actually are nice guys in reality. One mistake doesn't make a bad person, but of course stereotypical thinking is way easier ("once a cheater always a cheater, etc").
When I joined my first clan I downloaded some cheats for similar reasons as misanthropos; to learn how they work and to be able to see the difference between headset and wallhack or good aim and aimbot. I was just lucky (or smart) enough to only try them on empty servers with no punkbuster else I'd have a red yawn too.
This didn't make me catch every cheater on the server but it helped me to never(!) ban someone wrongfully on jaymod and also helped me catch several cheaters on etpro, including some on the hirn servers.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:10 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next