View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dominik aka Doctor aka Vile.... set me Level -1 from Level 7 
Corporal
Corporal

evirdrevo wrote:
Why didnt you say so at the start of the discussion? And you are basically saying you guys are ok with cheaters as long as they act 'nice' (24/7 spawnkilling with mortar?) Lets just unban all our past cheaters, they might turn out to be 'nice' guys as well. No wait, lets make them admins!

Well mate, i knew that would come up, so here is just my opinion. I personally don't care if a person has tried cheats in the past, got a server busted years ago or missed his grandmas b-day several time.

I care about !!! and as long as no one used cheats here, i wont deny him a slot to play. I think everyone of us has made stuff in the past, he/she isn't proud of. I believe ppl change their attitude during their live. And yes maybe if some former cheaters got their 2nd chance they would behave different, but as they used the stuff on !!! i wont vote for "Yes".

Ciao
Ingo

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am
Private

OgniW@n wrote:
Well mate, i knew that would come up, so here is just my opinion. I personally don't care if a person has tried cheats in the past, got a server busted years ago or missed his grandmas b-day several time.

Nothing to do with Grandmas.

It's about cheaters, and the type of person that cheats. We have ALL been the victims of cheats, they totally spoil the game for others. It's a totally selfish approach.

When I first started playing ET it was around 2007/8 and I died very quickly all the time. I remember being proud if I got a few hits in to contribute to an enemy death. I read forums, guides to try improve gameplay. I specced good players to see how they moved and copied them. Over time I got better, at one point I was quite good, nowhere near that standard now.

Every achievement I ever had was by not cheating, by practising and learning. I've played on hirnlos server sitting trying to build it up and get some activity going many many times (no longer as it seems hirn admins gave up on that server) and had some 1on1s with some good players, and also with some players that obviously use wallhack at minimum, knowing exactly where I'd be every single time. I knew they cheat but can't prove it, go play elsewhere.

They are the bane of this game, they spoil it. Give them a second chance you say? Well ok after years being clean - maybe...give them ADMIN!???? Never!

I now wonder (and I'm sure others are wondering same) how many other admins are ex cheats. I never heard of yawn, and I'm sure there are other anti cheat tools are around that I don't know about. I never need to worry about what my name shows up on because I never cheated. If you don't want to be caught doing something don't do it, very simple.

Giving admin to cheats is NOT ok. But your server, you pay for it, run it how you like. Don't expect people to not be disgusted though.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 am
Private

but Misan wasnt set admin 10 years ago. As far as I remember he is admin like for 5 or 6 years? Then its four years of him playing fair and developing trust since he used the cheat. And I trust Misan that he used it in the way he described.
Unban all other cheaters? But we dont know their story, we dont know their personalities.
But we know Misan's case, we know this guy. And thats why he was never banned and he even became admin.

In other words: those cheaters will never have a chance to get known, or prove that they were just testing. The "queue" is 1 of 10 000. Misan already took that slot.

ps: sry for bad english ;)

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:12 pm
Private

Is this the same admin that posts " I'm an admin, rules don't apply to me " or " luck [] cheat [] skill [] " in game chat?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm
Private

FiniteStateMachine wrote:
Is this the same admin that posts " I'm an admin, rules don't apply to me " or " luck [] cheat [] skill [] " in game chat?

I don't know if he does that or not, but the type of self centred person that would download and use a cheat, is the type of person that would have that approach to the game which is entirely the main reason they should never be an admin. What? Is there a shortage of willing admins? Nope.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:02 pm
Private

For the illiterate: I am quoting [!!!]Doctor - who happens to be the same guy posting the yawn entries. And I am quoting him because of his unjustified statement which undermines the idea of the [!!!] community. Its just ridiculous and hypocrite.

And yes - I am the guy with []luck []cheat [x]skill :D

The way I see it:
Imagine I once stole a pack of cigarettes out of curiosity as a teenager - according to some of you I am now a criminal and a drug addict - after 10 years of being sober because I actually dislike smoking.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:26 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

That statement by Doctor was made in jest and isn't supposed to be taken seriously. I know, I was there and made that bind in the first place.

Just to be fair.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:04 pm
Private

Alright - I take it down then. I really thought he once meant it watching his behaviour on the server.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 pm
Private

misanthropos wrote:
Alright - I take it down then. I really thought he once meant it watching his behaviour on the server.

its for people like you they invented /s

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:01 pm
Private

Well this seems all strange, from my perspective anyway. The other day you mentioned on the server " this is not a democracy " and implying voting counts for nothing when you can lay down the law. Now i'm sort of a weird guy, let me explain, i have a really amazing memory for useless small pieces of information, quotes etc. 1 of these quotes was " this is not a democracy ". That took my mind back to 2006-7 or there about when another admin on an ET server made the exact same comment, what a strange thing to say. I have never heard it since until you mention it the other day. What a coincidence! I remember the person that said that. she... well that's what this person wanted everybody else to believe. causing a shit-storm at a well respected clan called snl.

Now this could all be crazy coincidence and i could be very wrong about this. But that's what i remember. As regards to your cheating. I have to say on many occasions you have made me very suspect of your mortar shots and on top of that there are many times i've come out of the upper grotto on Siwa Oasis as axis ready to shoot you or prime a grenade to your usual spot. only to see you already packing up your mortar to move from my attack. Again is this coincidence, you always just seem to be prepared even when im sneaking.

Sorry if you are innocent and this is all just crazy coincidence, but your comments about " rules dont apply to you " and " this isn't a democracy " are very poor choice of words to be honest. The signal you send out as an admin to all other players that join this server is one that causes break down in respect. What i'm saying is anybody joins your server will think " if the admins dont respect rules, why should i ? ".

peace!

ps your name definition " A person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society ". best with bots then? ;)

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next