View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dominik aka Doctor aka Vile.... set me Level -1 from Level 7 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

FiniteStateMachine wrote:
your comments about " rules dont apply to you "

He is quoting another admin who said that in joke, it's not him saying that.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:14 pm
Private

Now this could all be crazy coincidence and i could be very wrong about this. But that's what i remember. As regards to your cheating. I have to say on many occasions you have made me very suspect of your mortar shots and on top of that there are many times i've come out of the upper grotto on Siwa Oasis as axis ready to shoot you or prime a grenade to your usual spot. only to see you already packing up your mortar to move from my attack. Again is this coincidence, you always just seem to be prepared even when im sneaking.

Thats has NOTHING to do with coincidence, but with experience and cautiousness and frankly thanks to 6-map campaign without changing maps. Over time i just learned a lot of different spots and which spots are typically occupied by axis. And thats exactly the reason I once started to mortar - because typically the axis team was stronger - no one would join allies and from axis advantage of having the defensive position I figured the best way to break that defence is the mortar. So you can thank Overdrive and ppl alike: they actually created me :mrgreen: .

As mortar I have more oversight than a normal player because I constantly monitor the command map (bonus if spec ops are in my team: I see red dots too) and in the case of oasis: If all the blue dots vanished you don't have to be Einstein to anticipate what happens next.... Surprise!!!! Axis are coming... and die of a mortar shell 8-)
So that or often not having enough energy to mortar - and the fact that I know too many of you would gladly stab me in the back lets me pack up the mortar and be readied for an attack. By then I usually have lvl4 - so I can defend myself with a Tompson. Of course many times no one comes.. but then sometimes someone does. And that someone will only see/remember the hits and won't know about the misses. No wonder ppl getting suspicious about that.

Sorry if you are innocent and this is all just crazy coincidence, but your comments about " rules dont apply to you " and " this isn't a democracy " are very poor choice of words to be honest. The signal you send out as an admin to all other players that join this server is one that causes break down in respect. What i'm saying is anybody joins your server will think " if the admins dont respect rules, why should i ? ".

You missed one important fact here: I was quoting Doctor about the rules - have you actually read my former posts? I never said that!
Its true I once said its not a democracy - and to my understanding it is not. Is soccer a democracy? I don't think so. And the voting system sucks ass - Like a 10-4 shuffle vote goes down.
That's where referees come into play.

ps your name definition " A person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society ". best with bots then? ;)

I chose that name back to Quake2 times - where I played mainly free for all - shooting everyone else? A fitting name back then :meditation:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:37 pm
Private

Ok i see your post now. regards to the quote. i assumed i'd scrolled down the whole page. early in the morning post before coffee kicks in oops. As for the mortar stuff, i can't disagree with what you see. I've never used mortar. i don't know how or care to use it personally. But what i do see is patterns in how players anticipate my attempts at getting shot :D .

You are one of few players that just know where i am. I'm very much aware of player spawn waves and how you can pretty much anticipate a strike with mortar. But you know i go out of my way sometimes to not follow that wave of attack and i know my little mission is to come visit the mortar man. nobody is around and you jump up every time. I honestly thought somebody is on TS telling you. You have to understand my suspicion here.

As for saying isn't soccer a democracy, well no it isn't, Should we rely on the 1 ref to give the correct verdict or should we rely on the 10,000 fans that saw it from the stands. I think voting does matter.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Private

Ok i see your post now. regards to the quote. i assumed i'd scrolled down the whole page. early in the morning post before coffee kicks in oops. As for the mortar stuff, i can't disagree with what you see. I've never used mortar. i don't know how or care to use it personally. But what i do see is patterns in how players anticipate my attempts at getting shot :D .

You are one of few players that just know where i am. I'm very much aware of player spawn waves and how you can pretty much anticipate a strike with mortar. But you know i go out of my way sometimes to not follow that wave of attack and i know my little mission is to come visit the mortar man. nobody is around and you jump up every time. I honestly thought somebody is on TS telling you. You have to understand my suspicion here.

But you have to admit it's not every time, right? There are still quite some ppl who sneak up on me. Maybe you have overlook someone can hear you approaching? And there is still the matter with no allies around... that makes me think there might be some axis causing that circumstance.

As for saying isn't soccer a democracy, well no it isn't, Should we rely on the 1 ref to give the correct verdict or should we rely on the 10,000 fans that saw it from the stands. I think voting does matter.

You can't possibly rely on the fans - they see whatever happens from afar and are biased, to be sure. Same in ET. That is a problem of course for admins. They too can't be everywhere or know what happened. And while I am inclined to agree to voting matters it is abused by far too often to unjustified mutes or kicks of other players. I do the best I can to make the right decisions - you will always find someone who disagrees....

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:18 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Quote:
That took my mind back to 2006-7 or there about when another admin on an ET server made the exact same comment, what a strange thing to say. I have never heard it since until you mention it the other day. What a coincidence!

For the record, I've been saying the same thing for years (as do most admins in most large-ish communities at some point in their life)

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Private

@ dominikh well regards to the quote, i never heard it other than that one time personally. that's why it stood out to me. Obviously it's used more than i had realised.

@ misanthropos

I have to say that practically every time i've tried to take you out at your usual mortar spots. You are up on your feet ready to run or tap out. Sorry but that's how it is from my experience. Like i say, it could all be coincidental and innocent. Considering the topic in hand though. you can't blame me for having doubts about your credibility.

As for voting Yes i see it from both sides. I also see when map has restarted when the teams were even and saw half the server leave too. I think when majority votes on your server does give a good indication that the vote for whatever reason is justified, they should be passed imho.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:44 pm
Corporal
Corporal

dominikh wrote:

For the record, I've been saying the same thing for years (as do most admins in most large-ish communities at some point in their life)

Maybe then its time to say some words in the admin area, as tasse gently asked you. Just dropping here in public and avoiding to explain your behavior in front of the !!!-crew doesn't fit to the "hard and solid actions" taken by you.

Hint: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3328

P.S.: No its not Ogni asking for explanation, as i know you don't care. But maybe a admin that will make the 10 years of !!! full this year is worth a few words in your eyes.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:02 am
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I have stepped down as admin. I'd rather not watch as Hirntot destroys itself in its last days, by letting cheaters and incompetent idiots make lasting decisions.

Good luck to the remaining players. Just follow the following guidelines and you'll be fine:

- Mortar is never spawncamping, no matter how much it destroys the game.
- Everything else is spawncamping if and only if an admin is annoyed that he can't get out of spawn once or twice.
- Chat is English only, unless you're an admin.

And last but not least: the queue is a lie, for ET is a dead game.

To the few remaining good admins: fly under the radar, it will make your lives easier.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:01 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Well shit, now I have to remove my bind.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 am
Private

What domi said. I never thought I'd see the day where a server is actively defending a busted cheater to be admin. That and the retarded stance on mortar vs spawnkill.

Just one last thing before I leave this forum for good: as a (busted cheater and ) admin you might want to use your proper nick instead of changing it every day. People might realize its the same dickwad camping the respawn with mortar every single day. That and the fact you are a nicklaming admin.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next