View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

If you want to complain about a ban/kick, then it helps a lot if you can give us server, time and date.

Screenshots/Demos/Logs are also welcome

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dominik aka Doctor aka Vile thread that is now locked 
Private

Ok Since the post has been locked and no actual reply as regards to what will happen to the accused cheater. I'm going to ask what are you remaining Hirntot guys doing about this controversy? Why are you adamant to defend an obvious cheater that has been proven they cheated in the past. I just paid you guys 50+ euros to support this server only the other week.
To be honest i don't want to play on your server as its obvious this person is suspect. I've played ET for 13 years. Some of you know me, hate me or whatever. I've always tried to play the game fair regardless and NEVER once have i DL a cheat just to see what it does.

The integrity of your server is sadly a joke now to anybody that really cares about playing ET.

To all that i've had the pleasure playing this game over the many years. i would like to say thank you, its been a lot of fun.

kind Regards

RobYaBliNd

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 pm
Private

I've played on hirn servers for a long long time, and it's sad to see this happen. A busted cheater in my opinion (for what my opinion is worth) should NOT be a server admin.

I had said my piece and wasn't going to comment further, though I was sad to see Dominik felt the need to leave on the issue. Losing a good admin in favour of a bad admin is not good news.

Ogni closed the thread though, and before he closed the thread he basically said "if you don't like it play on another server" (or words to that effect). I have to say I think that attitude stinks. ET is a declining game, though there are still plenty of full servers around, but to tell people hey we've got a busted cheater admin and if you don't like it play elsewhere is a bit much.

Hate to see things like this. It should be all about fun (fun which cheats spoil for all), and I was hoping this issue would get resolved in a better way than it has. Such a shame.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:15 pm
Private

Quote:
Ogni closed the thread though, and before he closed the thread he basically said "if you don't like it play on another server"

The same admin that gets kicked by punkbuster for excessive team damage. :roll: You sure know how to pick them Hirntot

gg

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:46 pm
Private

As far as i know, there was supposed to be an internal discussion between hirntot admins regarding this matter. Could any admin reveal the verdict, conclusions or any vote(if it took place)? For me, it looks like the admins just told us that one of them is a former cheater and all we can do is to deal with it or leave. There was no actual debate and all the things that people wrote in the closed thread simply do not matter.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:11 pm
Private

'There was no actual debate and all the things that people wrote in the closed thread simply do not matter.'

its the mortar debate all over again. people are allowed to discuss it but the debate is just ignored by the admins

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:29 pm
Corporal
Corporal

Hi there,

Liquid Sn. wrote:
As far as i know, there was supposed to be an internal discussion between hirntot admins regarding this matter. Could any admin reveal the verdict, conclusions or any vote(if it took place)? For me, it looks like the admins just told us that one of them is a former cheater and all we can do is to deal with it or leave. There was no actual debate and all the things that people wrote in the closed thread simply do not matter.

OFC they matter, but the topic was about dominikh setting a fellow admin on dork on his own! Fact.

The discussion that, understandable, came up hadn't that much to do with the original sense, which was handled in the admin area of the forum, ending with what dominikh posted.

Misan explained himself in the first page of the topic. The rest can be found in this topic 2.

FiniteStateMachine wrote:
Quote:
Ogni closed the thread though, and before he closed the thread he basically said "if you don't like it play on another server"

The same admin that gets kicked by punkbuster for excessive team damage. :roll: You sure know how to pick them Hirntot

gg

I still stand to my words: If you don't trust the admins who build up that place and care about it for years then maybe you play on another server!

I dont know what getting kicked for team damage (the last time i got that nice kick as mates continued to step on my mines right after i planted them - sometimes if i spread to much arti) has to do with my attitude to the server or abilities.

I get the feeling that this is getting more an kinda admin bashing. Sad but if it helps you to feel better, im k with it.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:50 am
Private

Ugh, I knew this one would fester.

Until Dominikh revelations, I had nothing negative to say/feel about Misan. He played on the server, he took action over the often childish behaviour of players.
In short, he admined.

From his stats (which I only looked at after all this blew up) I'm his 'easiest prey'. So if anyone has the right to complain about his mortar it's me! But, I don't give a rats ass about mortar. It's part of the game.

The real issue is that a cheat has admin level.
This is about trust and integrity and its integral relationship with fun/enjoyment.
I have no problem with rehabilitation. But by re-instating Misans levels, 'Hirn Org' is elevating him above clean players.
In other words, he'se actually got away with it and profited from being a cheat.
Not only that but now clean players are leaving the server over the handling of this.
That is what fuels my (and I'm assuming others) sense of anger.

On a personal note, Robya, come on man you are one the very few real medics left.
It'll be a real shame if you go and all thats left is these selfhealing soldier Rambos.

Edit - Lol, Ogni got a reply in fast! I'm not admin bashing. I admire people on this server who give their free/playing time to deal with all the immature entitled idiots that infect multi-player games. You have my utmost respect but this case has me not having the fullest of respect for one admin and the decision making that allows that admin to be 'above' people that never cheated.

Anyhoo...

UNK+BMG

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:54 am
Private

I have nothing against Misan, his admin level and his mortaring, it doesn't bother me because it is a part of the game(sure would love it to be removed, but that doesn't matter here). For me the only problem is the unfair treatment of certain people in comparison to others. If one player gets a second chance, then perhaps others should get it too? There are some old topics regarding old bans which even come from different servers, and the only response is 'Once a cheater, always a cheater. No second chances allowed.'
I know the world isn't a fair place, but since hirntot is all about 'Stay nice, play fair.' we would expect more from you.
For me the conclusion would be to ban him for cheating or unban all cheaters who asked for a second chance.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:29 pm
Private

Quote:
I get the feeling that this is getting more an kinda admin bashing. Sad but if it helps you to feel better, i'm k with it.

It's not about bashing you, it shows you're inept at playing to a high level. Your mines are a liability to your team. If you watch the real good players, they don't run forwards, they run backwards and usually to peel back round a choke point, which where your mines are. If you understood these things, you wouldn't lay half your mines where you do or spam half your team with an air strike.

You have some very exceptional awesome players on your server which have all come together on this ever sinking ship called W:ET. They and i know your level of competence. You are an admin, do i think you understand the game as well as myself, Sorry no, no you do not. I still respect your server though, well did. I just don't like the handling of some scenarios that keep happening on your server and ultimately this controversy that surrounds Hirntot at present.

As others have stated there is concern about this player that has cheated and it appears Hirnot is going to throw away all their credibility on just one person that has been proven they used hax. Again i would be willing to give a young kid a second chance if they was in fact a kid that DL the hax and you know kids grow up and learn. But if this person was an adult, They damn well knew what they are doing and why they are doing it. These type of people in life have very little empathy for the greater good and only see short term gains for themselves. also known as morons.

as UNK+BMG says, its about the integrity of your clan/server etc that's at stake here and why decent players don't want to support or play on your server.

Quote:
On a personal note, Robya, come on man you are one the very few real medics left.

Thanks mate that's kind of you to recognise my humble medic skills. The only way i can see me playing on this server is if the right thing happens. I wont hold my breath. I feel sorry for that admin dominikh tbh, If you're reading this pal you gained my respect sir. Standing up for what is right is never wrong.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:40 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

To make this ridiculous and disgraceful issue come to end: Misanthropos has been banned from all hirn-servers & dominikh is taking a "longer break". We do not tolerate cheating, nor do we encourage disrespectful or undermining behavior.

I am sad to see this issue in an irrecoverable state, but the world keeps turning. This decision is final on half of the hirntot executive board.

Please enjoy ET, what is still the bestest multiplayer game out there, as long as you can.
Cheer

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next