View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
A 3rd ETPro funmap server? 

would you like to have the option of playing on a 3rd ETPro server with funmaps?
YES! 63%  63%  [ 34 ]
NO! 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
I DON'T CARE! 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 54

A 3rd ETPro funmap server? 
Private

The question was whether our community should have the option of playing on an added 3rd type of ETPro server: a funmap server.

Right now there are 2 ETPro servers to choose from, with distinct different aims:

Hirntot: 6 original maps, no limit on skill levels – keeping the game old school and the way we fell in love with it.

Hirnlos: 10 competition based maps, skill levels limited to 2 stars – a more bare bones, competition-oriented environment, focused on SMG skill.

These are 2 excellent servers that fulfill different needs for those playing on ETPro.

However, if you are like me and prefer to play on ETPro with no limit on skill levels and on funmaps, then you want a 3rd option: HirnFun

(Of course, what is a “funmap” is all subjective. Funmaps to me are maps with the design and feel of Daybreak or North Pole. Maps we see on Hirnlos like Bremen, Braundorf, Supply Depot, SW Gold Rush TE, and so on are designed with competitive play in mind and as such are not classified as funmaps.)

A couple of reasons why I feel we should try this:

1. The current 2 ETPro servers are in such demand that it’s not unusual to have to wait 30 minutes just to get in if you try to connect in the evenings. The demand seems higher than the capacity – and because most of the players who get stuck in this queue play on ETPro exclusively, it’s within the realms of possibility that they would consider a 3rd option.

2. ETPro attracts the best players. It just isn’t the same to play a funmap on a typical NQ/Jaymod server where everyone has 10K in XP and goof around. To get a serious, objective-oriented game on a funmap you have to put it on ETPro. This might be a niche market, but nevertheless it’s a market that deserves to be filled.

3. Overall, the ET community is slowly dying. Quite a few servers that I used to visit are now all but dead. With fewer servers to choose from, the responsibility rises for those still alive to keep interest up. One of the ways you do so is by offering diversity and giving players the freedom to choose what kind of maps and skill level system they want to play on ETPro.

4. We’ve got a vibrant community with a very loyal player base. Many of us have been here for years and will continue to be here for many more. It’s precisely because of these qualities that we should have the patience to see this idea through and see what happens. Getting noticed via Splatterladder, changing people’s habits, building an understanding of new maps and subsequently improving gameplay – these things take time, but I believe we can get there.

Please vote in the poll, and let’s try to keep an open mind.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 pm
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Is this even a possibility with the server load though? I'll leave that up to the ubergeeks :)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:23 pm
Private

I got an empty server you can try it out on. My server just has bots on it currently, its on auto pay so I just pay for it every month lol.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 am
Private

Though it a bit and changed my mind. That would actually be fun if the server gets enough players, funmaps tend to be big right?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 am
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

vote: YES!

How can i help? :meditation:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:02 am
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

i vote i dont care simply cause ive had to many servers opened in !!! and they didnt get filled up that much for that long. Their fun in the beginning, but they die fast as the game also does.

Imo, there isnt that many people in line to get in on tot and los to actually fill up the fun server, and those who join los, join it cause of its pro level, and not just to join a random server. same on tot, they join it cause they like that specific server.

only my opinion, buy doesnt mean i hate the idea, i simpli "dont care";=)

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:11 pm
Private

Tintti - thank you Sir. Funmaps can be anything you want it to be. The idea is to have something different than what we see on Tot and Los. If an ETPro funmap server became a reality, I imagine it would get its own forum section where map suggestions could be made.

DerGraf - just help spread the word. Some of our busiest players don't even visit forum.

tasseladd – disagree about your assessment that there isn’t that many people in line to get in. It isn't necessarily just the players on Tot and Los who would fill up this server. What if there are some players on Schlag who likes funmaps and wouldn’t mind seeing this on ETPro? You also need to think outside of our community: I have seen other funmap servers where they switch to ETPro, and suddenly an influx of new players show up. Players search for ETPro servers via Splatterladder all the time.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:57 pm
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

MontyOnTheRun wrote:
I have seen other funmap servers where they switch to ETPro, and suddenly an influx of new players show up. Players search for ETPro servers via Splatterladder all the time.

Well, have you seen one open the last year and still beeing popular? if yes, let me get ip to try it out and see how it is and i might change my answer. As i said, et is more and more getting dead, meaning, more and more people go eighter over to play only wars or choose other games, wich will get it more hard to make a new "funmap" server for that purpose of getting it popular like los and tot. schlag players mostly play there cause og their xpsave or that they mostly like NQ.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:34 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

i think [!!!]is very popular on ET and many ppl search for [!!!] servers so i think we should give it a try :meditation:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 pm
Private

MontyOnTheRun wrote:
However, if you are like me and prefer to play on ETPro with no limit on skill levels and on funmaps, then you want a 3rd option: HirnFun

+1

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next