View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Enemy Territory Discord Server 
Private

I recently came across the service Discord, which has been described as Slack and Mumble in one multi-platform application. I think everyone in the ET community would benefit from joining the universal Enemy Territory Discord that I have set-up today. Discord is a chat program with integrated VOIP, allowing you to replace both IRC and TeamSpeak with a single application. No more 'I can't search, I'm not on IRC'. You can download a dedicate application, or simply run it in a web-browser. The main motivation for this Discord is to open an easy, feature-packed way to talk to people from all corners of the ET community, not just those on this site.

Yeah but I use IRC...

Sure, so do I. However, there are a number of people who simply use web-clients for QuakeNet and connect using random names. I hope this will encourage use of a single nickname. Messages are buffered, and are saved for you when you next login, disregarding your need for a BNC. All channels can be seen, so you are more aware of what is going on in the community, not just those handful that you can be bothered to connect to. These channels are picked out as those that people would most likely be interested in.

Channels

Currently there are:

- #wars - both 3on3 and 6on6 channel, please specify your game type
- #general - general chat, equivalent to #crossfire
- #help - any kind of help
- #tech - talk about tech of any kind, related to et or not
- #gamestv - talk to gamestv admins, likely easier way to get games approved
- #improvements - mappool? server configs? discuss it here
- #maps - for the creation of new maps
- #et-legacy - hopefully to be used by the et-legacy team. I feel it's more accessible than freenode?
- #LAN - discussion about the next event
- #tournaments - tournament information, such as the Trickjump 10y cup
- #recruitment - when you return for 1 week, post here

I am more than open to suggestions. The API is seems rich, and therefore it can offer the potential for some good bots in the future. Dischord is still extremely new but has good potential so I expect it to progress and mature well.

I want to create my own channel...

If you want your own channel, speak to me or one of the admins about it and we setup a new channel for you if it seems like a viable option. But as stated before, as every channel is viewed, this might not always be approved. Alternatively, you can use a separate server for your own needs instead to keep things private.

However, such an idea will not survive without the help of the community, so please at least give it a try. Modern games usually have full party creation support and chat support (such as steam), and this is a noble alternative. Additionally, please share your concerns or any issues you have with Discord. It's good to discuss such things.

To join, simply click the link below and reserve your nickname. I hope to see as many as you as possible there from all sides of the ET community to try and promote more discussion in this small community!

https://discord.gg/0gE1etnghzmsULYD

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:07 pm
Private

is the discord still used? the invite link expired :(

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]