View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Improving your aiming 
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Quote:
Posted for [!!!]Doctor

Lies! But *cough* thanks *cough*

For what it is worth, the "direct input" stuff does not apply to Linux gamers. Well, not directly: we actually get proper direct input via in_mouse and don't need to circumvent Windows, for obvious reasons.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 pm
Private

If you aren't already, you should become a teacher yodadrive ;)

Changing sens from high to low demands quite some time to get used to. Don't just switch back to old sense, try for a week or more - depending on activity and your ability to adjust to new movements. After some time you will notice major improvements and excel your prior aim.
You also should take in account how your aim mechanics need to adjust to change from high- to low sense. High sense players are (mostly) only aiming with there wrist, low sense players tend -and need- to use the arm as well, while the wrist is partially immobile. I'm also using a relatively low sense with ~38cm for 360°.

Certain settings also play an important role for aiming.
- Get stable and capped FPS. I know with nowadays pcs it shouldn't be a problem to get stable 125 max FPS. But dealing with FPS lags is annoying and makes aiming harder, since you are getting disrupted for a short time.
- Try to use the smallest crosshair you are comfortable with, for me a colored dot. It creates a area where you can focus your view on and still notice what is happening in the outer areas. It is increasing your accuracy, when you definately know where your crosshair is, be it on or anywhere next to the target; giving you a better idea what adjustments have to be made.
- If needed, differ x and y sensivity by adjusting m_pitch/yaw and/or changing dpi in mousedriver. I'm using 800dpi for x and 850 for y.
- Buy big enough mousepad where you have free space left and right. Nothing is worse than losing a fight because mousepad ended and your aim stopped. :D

Also: Never forget about positioning!

Tl,dr solution: If this is too much effort, you can simply try to shoot the head and keep crosshair at head level. That is what i do, since i never had and never will have a tracking aim. Drawback is a) you lose any infight versus people who actually know how to move and are able to track and b) when you don't hit hs, your getting screwed.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm
Private

I swapped my G400 mouse, because it was very uncomfortable for me, currently i have MSI DS100 mouse, far better ;)

Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Private

Great tips. ;) Thanks.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:20 pm
Private

great tips! maybe i can add some too, after all, i used to have godly aim before my long lasting break. :oops:

-et has a nice demo functionality, where you can slow down time. use that to adjust your sensitivity by analyzing if you overshoot or undershoot a lot and compensate it by lowering or increasing your sensitivity. but as it has been mentioned before. pick a sens and stick with it for a while. don't change it constantly.
-disable any form of positive or negative acceleration on your system / driver / games.
-if you have an older mouse, then increasing the usb polling rate (google for the method for your system) impoves sensor performance in many cases. most newer gaming mice do this by default via driver, tho.
-a new monitor with 120hz or more will display fast paced games much smoother - i finally do not miss my old crt anymore. :mrgreen:

a correction i would like to make:
-laser mice used to be much worse and franky unfit for gaming, but they fixed the teething problems of that technology. nothing wrong with the latest models of this tech anymore.

also a tip for the penny pinchers:
the difference between a crappy mouse and a good mouse is the sensor (next to design, driver, level of hardware and software customisation). many good brand mice-models have the same sensor and it is not uncommon that you can find the same sensor in cheap 3rd party no name brands. you can save good money if you do your research.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:29 pm
Private

Maybe now I'll be able to get some kills.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]