View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:16 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Whining/Player Abuse. 
Private

Hey all, MaNiPuLaToR here.

I'm usually just a spectator on these forums, but after last night, I feel the need to get something of my chest. Basically, there are 2 players I need to bring the attention of who constantly whine and abuse players - #hoochi and Ghost in the Circuit.

Not whining/abusing here and there, but CONSTANTLY whenever I see them on. Of course players complain/swear, we've all been there, but this is some of the worst I've seen and it's just so frustrating. This hoochi guy whines and abuses constantly, calling people 'cunt' and 'fag', complaining about players using the mortar, panzer etc and I think there's some racism used towards polish players also. For example, one racist insult I've seen from him before is 'crouching polak, hidden faggot' not to mention a few others. I know 'pol' or 'polak' is a nationality but the context in which it is used seems racist, like the word 'Jew' is sometimes used. He has also been muted by crux before for this sort of behaviour so it is noticed but it STILL carries on EVERYTIME he is on :wall: .

Ghost in the Circuit is a VIP, and the definition of a VIP on the server is as follows:
[Level 2 (VIP) - You have had Level 1 for quite some time and you proved us responsibility for what you do. Whining and calling people fag is not responsible, just abusing the authority. I have one member of my family playing this game as well as me, and when he killed Ghost in the Circuit, Ghost called him a fag for no reason. We brushed it off, but I've seen this behaviour from him so many times now towards other players it pisses me off. Players seem to get brave when admins aren't on the server.

Look, at the end of the day, it's a game - mortar, panzer etc is all part of it. Of course it gets annoying getting killed by heavy weapons after a while, but you just have to get on with it. Hirntot is such a great community, it's got good players with such good attitudes but there's a minority who sometimes ruin the experience for me. I mean, the insults aren't directed at me but at other players (although some insults last night were directed at my whole team), but it just don't sit right with me because they keep getting away with it. Like I said, if it was a one off then fair enough - but it is EVERYTIME fgs :roll:.

RANT OVER :meditation: what are your thoughts?

Thank you.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 pm
Private

My thoughts...

There was whining. Some of it a little bit of banter between old rivals and some of it not.

Now, and as I'm sure you'll agree, the teams on this occasion were shockingly unbalanced for most of the night. A little frustration crept in and I got whiney. I apologise.

You could, of course, have just asked me to STFU while we were playing. If that happens, I do.
Or, you could switch teams and try to even it up.
Or you could come here and make it into a big thing... well done, Sir.

As far as Ghost goes, I can't really remember him saying anything other than how ridiculously unbalanced the teams were :roll:

<3 hoochi

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 pm
Private

Like I said in the opening post, it's not based on just last night - I wouldn't be on here if it wasn't a constant thing. Would you really have STFU if I had asked you to? The last time I remember you being quiet is when you got muted.

And what about the remarks towards polish people? I'm not polish or anything, but it is an international community and that shit is sometimes a little harsh and can be seen as racist.

Now, as I recall in the rules post:
Racism / Xenophobic name tags and remarks
Quote:
Name tags that could in any way associate with racism or fascism (eg. all 3rd Reich related stuff) are strictly prohibited! People that spread chat with racist comments or remarks will not be tolerated. Breaking this rule can lead to a lifetime ban without prior notice!

You can be sarcastic all you like with the 'well done, Sir' - it really doesn't phase me. At the end of the day, there's rules put in place and if I feel you have broken them, I am well within my right to bring it up on these forums.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:01 am
Private

Quote:
Would you really have STFU if I had asked you to?

Yes. Just ask Liquid. We have a love/hate relationship :)

Quote:
And what about the remarks towards polish people?

Meh. It's an ET thing. Please, feel free to question me on my views about immigration to the UK, Brexit and politics in general; I think you'll find my opinions are wildly different to the ones you perceive me to have.

Quote:
Quoting rules to fit your viewpoint about a specific point

Again, meh.

Quote:
You can be sarcastic all you like with the 'well done, Sir' - it really doesn't phase me.

I beg to differ.

Quote:
At the end of the day, there's rules put in place and if I feel you have broken them, I am well within my right to bring it up on these forums.

And rightly so. You could, however, have spoken to me first. I'm pretty sure that this would have been cleared up quite quickly.

TBH, I know I can be an arsehole. I don't need you to point it out. I am, however, the first to accept being an arsehole when picked-up on it. Again, I apologize.

Look, man. I've always found you to be an amiable chap when playing. I'd rather that - like in real-life - you could just tell me to STFU while playing. It'd make life a little bit easier, eh?

<3 MaNiPuLaToR
<3 hoochi

;)

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:52 am
Private

Quote:
Meh. It's an ET thing. Please, feel free to question me on my views about immigration to the UK, Brexit and politics in general; I think you'll find my opinions are wildly different to the ones you perceive me to have.

I understand you're trying to justify yourself, but saying it's an 'ET thing' is a poor excuse. I don't know you in real life, my opinion is based soley in-game so I have nothing else to base my opinion on as I don't personally know you.

DUDE, relax - it's just a game, try to keep the inner a$$hole inside you :meditation: sometimes you own, sometimes you get owned...it happens to all of us...doesn't mean you have to call everyone a cunt or fag or low everytime you get killed by heavy weapons or whatever, it gets boring/annoying after a while. Mortar, panzer etc is all part of the game man, always has been - some people enjoy it. I mean, you was a field ops using arty the other day!? I'm sure people get annoyed getting killed by that, doesn't mean they lash out at you. Hey, maybe once then ok fair enough, but not CONSTANTLY EVERYTIME!!!

At the end of the day, everyone's playing to have fun, don't be so rash :roll: .

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:01 pm
Private

MaNiPuLaToR wrote:
Quote:
DUDE, relax - it's just a game, try to keep the inner a$$hole inside you

Yes, you're right. I will. And please accept my apologies :oops:

<3 hoochi

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]