View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dorks please also have a look on even teams 
Corporal
Corporal

Hello mates,
hello dorks,

like happened right some minutes ago, id like to encourage our dorks to have a look on teams and fairplay to. Right ago we played on server with 9 vs. 12. Mates on axis side already asked for "teams", but dearly nobody on allied side seemed to care. So Ogni out out the !regs command and there were 2 dorks on allies side, who didnt care. So evil as mankind can be i called both by name, nothing happened. So i gave them a !fkick which, as server wasnt full, allowed them an immediately rejoin. They both werent happy, but as our mate Dichterhund once said "they arent dorks for nothing".

Dont get me wrong, i know its easier to get level 2 or 3 on server, than to get rid of the dork status. But id like to encourage you to show that you improved and try to help your favorite server to be a nice place.

So thats been my 2 cents. Mate nibbles tole me he will drop onto forum 2 and write some lines and then i will have been an admin for the longest time (dont remember the correct words).

Ciao
Ingo

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 pm
Private

hi,
first of all its not me who was kicked from yhe server but i would like to say few things.

Teams were even in skill even though axis side was for 2 or 3 minutes with 3 guys less.We barely got main bunker flag and lost cp side multiple time during whole map.We didnt spawnkill axis side(which is for whatever reason forbiden here), we didnt even have many chances to go near ur spawn.U were holding us in main corridor for god know how many minutes.Both guys who U kicked join same allies side and U still have won the map...They didnt insult anybody, they didnt say anything prior to they kick.You just wanted to show your power, thats all.
Its not important if teams are uneven in numbers, much more important is skill of diffrent players.Many times both sides have same numbers of players and coz of 2-3 much better players which happend to play on same side game is just pure rape.And then its complitly fine.
Dont get me wrong.I played this game for many years, i instaled it again 2 weeks ago after 5 years of inactivity.I know that one time u just simply steamroll ur oponent, next day they steamroll U.Its just that simple.
if u really want to force balanced teams look for skill, not for numbers of players.This things are compltliy diffrent.

And one more thing.If U really wanted to balance this particular game.Why didnt U use the shuffle commend?

Just me two cents.

Regards

ps.sorry for my "engrish";)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:16 pm
Corporal
Corporal

Hi fio,

thx for your reply.

fio wrote:
Its not important if teams are uneven in numbers, much more important is skill of diffrent players.Many times both sides have same numbers of players and coz of 2-3 much better players which happend to play on same side game is just pure rape....

Quote:
if u really want to force balanced teams look for skill, not for numbers of players.This things are compltliy diffrent.

Please keep in mind that ref and admins also like to play, but staying spec and having a look on each teams before they join, so i dont think its possible to have each time a close look on the skill balance. IMHO its important to let this game be fun for both teams and not just for one. Caring about this, i dont think itll be useful to ignore the call for even teams at 9 vs 12 with a comment that teams might be still equal skilled. Past has shown that this will, understandable, lead to trouble.

BTW the moments axis were 3 less, the allied simply rushed in via main and there was no balance in teams.

Quote:
And one more thing.If U really wanted to balance this particular game.Why didnt U use the shuffle commend?

My experience is that a shuffle often brings more trouble than it usually helps. Often a huge number of players disconnect, while admin has to habe a look on teams in order to avoid certain players switching teams again. Once more, this game should be fun for all, including refs and admins.

So i use the !reg command to get an overwiew of the ppl on server and if there are ppl who misbehaved in the past, i dont see why ppl who didnt should switch instead of them. Switch, show your interest in balanced teams on server and im surely one of the first admin to revoke the dork level given.

Ciao
Ingo

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 am
Private

Maybe look at some players and remove dork status if they usually play well. I've seen players come online as dork and think they're usually good players with no problems. Sometimes they may have been dorked while having a bad day and now can't lose it. I've played for years and never been kicked, banned or warned (apart from once about 6 years ago I was in axis spawn to get spawn time only, not spawnkill or camp and was told not to camp, not an official !warn, just mentioned...but I was just getting spawntime on goldrush so I knew when I could run through spawn safely to gold) and I'm still tourist level 0. Never been dorked.

Maybe have a look at some dorks and remove status if they behave? Anyone can have an off day and get frustrated, especially if someone is teamwounding you or you're getting killed within seconds after spawn time after time.

Also, the dorks, try an extra attempt at replying to admin requests for such as even teams. I'm sure it'll all help make the servers a better more fun place.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am
Private

Hi!

OgniW@n wrote:
Please keep in mind that ref and admins also like to play, but staying spec and having a look on each teams before they join, so i dont think its possible to have each time a close look on the skill balance. IMHO its important to let this game be fun for both teams and not just for one. Caring about this, i dont think itll be useful to ignore the call for even teams at 9 vs 12 with a comment that teams might be still equal skilled. Past has shown that this will, understandable, lead to trouble.

I undestand this.Long time ago i was an admin on most popular polish server and I know that this "job" isn`t always easy and relaxing.Sometimes U have to make hard calls.

I just think that kicking players for that particular reason is a bit harsh even though its only !fkick so they can return immediately.Ok they misbehaved in the past, but imo that doesn`t mean they need to be punished for whole team.10 diffrent people was on that allies side and no one had switched.Including me.Quite frankly i didn`t even notice Your info in game.

I dont know which commends are enabled on adminmod on server, but U can always use !put to target player to switch team.In my experience !speclock and !lock make wonders:)Specs joining immediately coz all they see is black screen and of course no one is switching.

It`s not that big of a deal, but just think next time on diffrent options U have
Anyway i think U`r doing good job, so plz keep it up:)

Cu on server!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm
Private

OgniW@n wrote:
Hi fio,
fio wrote:
Its not important if teams are uneven in numbers, much more important is skill of diffrent players.Many times both sides have same numbers of players and coz of 2-3 much better players which happend to play on same side game is just pure rape....

Quote:

I think a good indicator on the skill balance are the xp that were collected in the current map so far. You can find that on the scoreboard (tab) next to the team name in the brackets. In a balanced game those numbers should be on a somewhat equal level, with a slight advantage on the defending team.
As this can be seen in the scoreboard it is basically the same effort than looking for the amount of players in each team. :meditation:

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 pm
Private

road*runner wrote:
Maybe look at some players and remove dork status if they usually play well. I've seen players come online as dork and think they're usually good players with no problems. Sometimes they may have been dorked while having a bad day and now can't lose it. I've played for years and never been kicked, banned or warned (apart from once about 6 years ago I was in axis spawn to get spawn time only, not spawnkill or camp and was told not to camp, not an official !warn, just mentioned...but I was just getting spawntime on goldrush so I knew when I could run through spawn safely to gold) and I'm still tourist level 0. Never been dorked.

Maybe have a look at some dorks and remove status if they behave? Anyone can have an off day and get frustrated, especially if someone is teamwounding you or you're getting killed within seconds after spawn time after time.

Also, the dorks, try an extra attempt at replying to admin requests for such as even teams. I'm sure it'll all help make the servers a better more fun place.

Most people get dork status as a reward for hard work in being annoying. You're not receiving dork status from being a douche once on Hirntot - I know what I'm talking about :D So in conclusion dorks should be the first players to be moved since they have proven themselfes for the dirty work.

When no one swaps to even out teams, it is absolutely fine to either just put the dork players in the outnumbered team, or remove them with a kick imo (so players per team even out too), if none of the (reg) players switched before. As being said, everyone joins in to have some sort of joy. People don't connect to be the punshing bag for constant swapping during maps and at the start of a new map just to even teams.

Yet it is an admin decision, and some rather start asking who wants to swap or not... Just use !Put... and force the player. Either people accept it, or they leave. I have experienced it often enough and can't see anything bad at it.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 am
Private

Hi,

I'm rarely playing nowdays, but I think you're missing one thing. Some people don't play for objective or XP, they play for stats (DG and K/D). You might think it's lame, but honestly I myself often decide not to bother with obj, when half of my team isn't bothered either.

Anyways, as you know, switching team resets your DG and kills. Honestly, 99% of the time i don't switch either because I don't want to reset my stats or I have a weapon that would not be available in other team (rifle or panzer). I think this might be the case with large part of community too.

Kicking is a bit harsh, dorks are dorks, but I'd have problem with that too (even though I try not to be a dork ;)). I don't think players position on server should be enough to treat him unfairly, it's more of an indicator when it comes to different decisions you have to make about them.

I'd suggest another mean of solving uneven teams. Doesn't require you going spec too, cause you can clearly tell everything just by playing in any of the teams.

1. First look at players that make the game uneven. F.e. spamming mortar? People throwing timed nades at all spawn exits? I'd start asking to joing other team with them.

2. Next, I'd go from people with lowest XP. Why? Cause they just joined and clearly cannot be bothered about the stats. I'd go for classes that are available in another team, f.e. let rifle/panzer play in their current team, cause it might not be available after the switch.

I think those 2 points are enough to make it even. If after 2nd point teams are still not even, due to XP difference, you can just restart the map, I don't think anyone will have problem with that, usually they don't.

Hope it helps, I think it's more fair to look at this from players perspective. You might not be bothered with such things as DG, but let's face the obvious fact - this is not an objective game anymore and forcing people to focus only on obj will not do any good.
Cheers

Thu May 11, 2017 10:22 am
Corporal
Corporal

Hi,

Quote:
1. First look at players that make the game uneven. F.e. spamming mortar? People throwing timed nades at all spawn exits? I'd start asking to joing other team with them.

[quote="PEPSI"I don't think players position on server should be enough to treat him unfairly[/quote]

Quote:
2. Next, I'd go from people with lowest XP. Why? Cause they just joined and clearly cannot be bothered about the stats. I'd go for classes that are available in another team, f.e. let rifle/panzer play in their current team, cause it might not be available after the switch.

[quote="PEPSI"I don't think players position on server should be enough to treat him unfairly[/quote]

IMHO those suggestions also leads to pick up certain players. I myself am not willing to go spec for a while and have a closer look at the way the ppl play and then randomly pick out a mortar mate or nade guy or whatever. I also am not willing to care about players on server who dont play for obj but for their stats.

Any way that puts certain players out of their comfort zone will lead to trouble, i know there will nvr be a solution if ppl dont react by themselves.

Ciao
Ingo

Thu May 11, 2017 10:37 am
Private

By position I meant rank, f.e. regular/admin/dork.

My solution doesn't require you going spec, as I said. You can clearly tell who's the main cause of so called spawn spamming. Regardless of the team you're in, it's pretty easy to notice.

As for picking - asking dorks to switch is picking too. But you pick the guy who may be playing normaly rn, instead of the guy who is the main cause of uneven teams.

As for stats. I didn't say you need to watch for those people, I just wanted to explain why people hestitate with switching and why are mad if you switch them yourself. All those spammers, like mortars and spawn naders, are FOR SURE not playing obj too lol, so why don't you really start with them.

Just give it a test, you'll see that when one team can actually leave the spawn safely it's easier for them to play.

Cheers

Fri May 12, 2017 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next