View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Hard to Join and then kicked :( 
Private

Hi Guys,

I like playing very much on your server.
In the last months it's became always more difficult to join the server, because it permanently full with even more than 24 people - specially in the evening.

Few minutes ago I was waiting for a free slot in the ET-Joining-Screen and besides I had a small evening meal, so when i came back I saw that I got a free slot (I would estimate 5 mins spectator on server) and joined a team, just in that moment i got kicked and can't reconnect now because I'm banned for a while :(

Anyway, shit happens :(

I do never see someone on hirnlos or hirnschlag playing. Is it possible, to host a copy of hirntot on one of this servers? It seems 6 map standard Campaign with normal et pro mod run better than custom map servers. Maybe people would join the alternate server to play in times of high frequencies. What do you think about that?

Best regards
nine

Mon May 29, 2017 8:09 pm
Private

A lot of people want to play on los and schlag but don't because there's hardly anyone there. People have tried posting in forum with improvement suggestions and it's been ignored so people (including myself) now play on other servers. A shame because hirn community is a good one, with well run servers with good admins and good players too.

I still check every now and then if anyone is on los or schlag but rare. I play on tot now and again but 6 map cycle is boring.

Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 pm
Corporal
Corporal

Hi mate,
nine.inch.nails wrote:
Hi Guys,
Few minutes ago I was waiting for a free slot in the ET-Joining-Screen and besides I had a small evening meal, so when i came back I saw that I got a free slot (I would estimate 5 mins spectator on server) and joined a team, just in that moment i got kicked and can't reconnect now because I'm banned for a while :(

Usually players get some time to join, but IMHO 5 mins are too much if server is full. Imagine your are #6 in queue and have to wait 30mins as every AFK joiner get his 5 minutes.

If you got a ban time after getting kicked, all i can imagine is that an ref/admin mistyped. Maybe he used !nkick instead of !fkick, which leads to a ban with several minutes duration, not sure if 15 or 30. So all i can think of its been an accident, as usually the non-joiners get kicked without a timeban, so they can hear the lovely sound of main theme and reconnect then.

Concerning !schlag and !los we had a suggestion to autoroute the waiting player to the others servers, but the discussion didn't come up. So there didn't seem to be a need. Maybe u bump it up again?

Ciao
Ingo

Tue May 30, 2017 11:19 am
Private

Hi Ogni,

thx for your response. I understand that 5 mins seems to be long. Sometime, when being spectator or not moving for some time, I got kicked automatically duo to inactivity from server. I don't know how long the time period is in that case, but I'm able to rejoin then without waiting until the ban is over.

What do you think about redirecting to another server?

best regards
nine

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:37 am
Private

I don't think an automatic redirect is the answer, but an 'ad' to say "hey we're full but check out hirnlos 10 map campaign" or "try hirnschlag for a bit of fun on the noquarter server".

It's no good me bumping that thread Ogni, I'm just a level 0 tourist so my suggestions haven't been looked at much, needs someone with more standing here to make suggestions.

I've sat for hours on hirnlos to keep the server alive waiting for people to join and had a few games 1v1 or 3v3 and sometimes seen it get full. I check out online while I play on another server now and there is never anybody on there, which is a shame because some of those players have a fantastic personality and approach to the game, I miss them (they know who they are). I also play the bots on hirnschlag now and then, and there are still a few guys pop on there but the old days when it gets full seem to be gone, most of the old players now play elsewhere and I play them every day.

Such a shame because hirn servers are awesome :wall:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]