View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Lag on Hirnlos 
Private

Hi

I write this topic here cause im talking about the lag caused by the server and not my net settings, so is not a software/hardware issue with my pc.

Lately the server is lagging a lot, we get lagspikes where we loose connection and appear dead or 3 secs later. I say we cause this happens to many other guys.

A part from this, my usual ping from 98-100 changes to 200 or higher which makes it unplayable, when this happens I check the pings from other guys and I see people that usually have 48 ping with 150.

This happens usually at night but each time more and more.

This is not a problem with my net settings or ISP as when this happens I join any other server and everything is fine.

I know servers are payed and complaining is free but just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Regards

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

vivi wrote:
This happens usually at night but each time more and more.

Can you provide me with an exact time? For example: Every night at 22:00 GMT

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Private

I experience the lag aswell. Server seems fine when there are max 10 players (5 per team). When more players connect, the lag starts. It's sometimes so annoying that I just do /quit.
Heard you wanted to open 3rd server. IMO forget it, better improve the ones already existing.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I was speccing a few hours today, didn't see any lag where the whole server was freezing. no drama please :D

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm
Private

Hi

I was playing right now with 250 ping :D an other guys had 150 etc

The lag seems to affect some of us, some guys disconnect, is not that the server freezes but some lagspikes that last a few seconds.

I only play sometimes when I come from work, after the gym, from around 21.00 GTM to 22.30 GTM is when it usually happens to me, at that time server is usually full.

I agree with Etplaer, I think it has do to with the server slots, works fine when is 5on5.

Regards

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 pm
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Might sound like a nub thing to say, but have you tried tracing your route to the server to make sure it's server side?

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm
Private

Mazza wrote:
Might sound like a nub thing to say, but have you tried tracing your route to the server to make sure it's server side?

Trace would help determine what is causing constant lag (aka high ping). It's not normal when I get a few secs of 999 with a 48 ping.
I also noticed it happens more likely when a lot of 'things' happen. Like lots of arty, panzers. When there is not much arty (eg Frostbite) it's pretty playable. Perhaps servers lacks some ram?

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:01 pm
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

ETPlaer wrote:
Mazza wrote:

Trace would help determine what is causing constant lag (aka high ping). It's not normal when I get a few secs of 999 with a 48 ping.
I also noticed it happens more likely when a lot of 'things' happen. Like lots of arty, panzers. When there is not much arty (eg Frostbite) it's pretty playable. Perhaps servers lacks some ram?

I was actually meaning vivi when he said his ping was 250 in all honesty. The servers have plenty of ram afaik but the bunny would know better. He's been monitoring server loads etc.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm
Private

Hi Mazza

Thanks for reply, please tell me a bit more how to test that.

Right now my ping is fixed in 150 when it has to be 98-100.

I say is server side cause I notice the same effect in other players but their pings finally get fixed, mine most times will stay as a high ping so now I have my doubts.

However is ok in other ET servers.

So theres something happening which I can't see.

Has the server change the location where is hosted or something lately? cause I've been playing there for years with stable 98-100 ping.

Regards

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

No it's not moved yet, this is the same server for 1-2 years.

Start> Run > cmd type in box: tracert et2.hirntot.org. It may show where there are trafficking issues between your isp and our server.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next