View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:51 am

Forum rules

This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Suggest your ideas/favorite maps for Hirnlos 
Private

c0rnn wrote:
I think it took a few years of experimenting to try and find a balanced and acceptable mappool for Hirnlos, the current one is near perfect, if you ask me, and replacing/adding too many exotic maps as mETLA put it would ruin it. Hirnlos isn't Hirnschlag. Goldrush and Radar are staple maps of ET, removing them would be a huge mistake to be honest, especially Radar for tc_base.

Here's what I'd do if there should be a change:

1. adlernest
2. goldrush_te
3. frostbite
4. braundorf_final -> braundorf_b4 (already mentioned in December)
5. missile_b4
6. oasis sw
7. bremen_b3
8. radar
9. Special Delivery TE -> Dubrovnik (even some cups had it back in the day, and adds some "exoticism") or tc_base. I hate delivery :D
10. supply

It might have taken few years but times have changed and it sits alot of times empty/dead. I think map changes are necessery to get people intrested in it again.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:36 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Adding exotic maps has been tried multiple times, and it never worked. If you think the server is empty a lot of the times now, just wait when you'd add in some of those jaymod maps mentioned. Most of Hirnlos' playerbase aren't interested in those maps, in fact the server was dead for months in 2015 and 2016 and only recently had a kind of revival. I'm pretty sure if you do any hardcore changes now you'll ruin the "ecosystem" and the same will happen. The tiny playerbase that would prefer these exotic maps are probably more suited for NoQuarter, ETPub or Jaymod servers (or Hirntot), and there is always HBC, but Hirnlos is pretty much the only public server other than AlterNBS for the "pros" to play "pro" maps (yes, Radar counts). Replace/remove too many for "fun" maps and a decline in the playerbase is guaranteed.

I mentioned Dubrovnik as a trade-off so even the small minority of players who prefer more exotic maps would be satisfied with a change, as Dubrovnik is a map even some of the pros like/liked. And sp_delivery_te is shit.

Last edited by c0rnn on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:04 pm
Private

road*runner wrote:
Having spoke with a few people on server about current hirnlos maps (which is a good selection of maps btw) a few people would like to see a change or two to the rotation.

Here are a few maps I think would be good for the los server based on size and activity of the server. To add in or replace any maps as you see fit.

(The links I give to maps may or may not be the best/final version of the map).

1944 Cherbourg - I vaguely remember playing this map a few years ago (can't remember what server) and I seem to remember it was a decent map? Maybe some of you know it better.
Dubrovnik - A nice little map that can be fun
El Kef - Only played it a few times but it seems quite a nifty map
Marrakech - Used to play this on hirnschlag quite a lot, had some good games on it
TC Base - posted on behalf of another player who requested this, it's a map I also like though.

Thanks for looking and considering :mrgreen:

If these maps not wanted for hirnlos, could they be put on hirnschlag? It's only usually bots on there but you never know, a few new maps might bring players back there. Most of the old regulars currently playing on aos which is a busyish server but the maps are godawful.

On los no need for radar as someone said. I'd also remove goldrush, it's a different version sure but still...oasis is different enough to be fun but would be my next choice for change.

Of my suggestions it looks like the less 'exotic' maps are Dubrovnik and TC Base. Both would be popular additions imo. If Marrakech is given a go I'm sure players would like it, it's easy enough to learn the map and the gameplay is quite good from low numbers to high.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:14 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

And if you do add Dubrovnik, also add the script by Harlekin to prevent roof camping:

http://pastebin.com/Ts8gx9jx

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm
Private

maybe swap tc_base for missile and dubrovnik for frostbite?

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:36 am
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

I love Dubrovnik and tc_base, good maps :!: :meditation:

Mfg sTeiner

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:49 pm
Private

Dubrovnik is too small map for such server imo.

ClanBase Game Supervisor- Enemy Territory, EuroCup Supervisor, OpenCup Supervisor, GamesTV Semi Supervisor, Crossfire Newswriter, ET-Owned.pl Main Redactor, EGU 2010 LAN Bialystok Co-organiser, Manager (one4one, SleeperZ, Jacks, devilry, 1stCav eSport Club, Celsus, TurboApinat, mouK), Team-Poland Captain @ CB NationsCup

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:09 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Homer wrote:
Dubrovnik is too small map for such server imo.

Good point. Another option could be Snatch3, but it's probably too big, so really only leaves tc_base as an alternative IMO.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 am
Private

I'm still pushing airfield assault :) Base would be quite ok.

ClanBase Game Supervisor- Enemy Territory, EuroCup Supervisor, OpenCup Supervisor, GamesTV Semi Supervisor, Crossfire Newswriter, ET-Owned.pl Main Redactor, EGU 2010 LAN Bialystok Co-organiser, Manager (one4one, SleeperZ, Jacks, devilry, 1stCav eSport Club, Celsus, TurboApinat, mouK), Team-Poland Captain @ CB NationsCup

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 pm
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Bump:

1. adlernest
2. goldrush_te
3. frostbite
4. braundorf_final -> braundorf_b4 (final is unofficial)
5. missile_b4 -> tc_base
6. oasis sw
7. bremen_b3
8. radar
9. Special Delivery TE
10. supply

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next