Enemy Territory Tournament: Corona Cup

Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
eMMiel

Enemy Territory Tournament: Corona Cup

Post by eMMiel »

Hello everyone,

My name is eMMiel and I'm from Belgium.

As we experience a revival in this game because of the Corona Virus, people having allot of time to play.

I was thinking that it would be really cool to organise an Enemy Territory Tournament: the Corona Cup :D.
I don't realy have any experience in doing that. But that's why I'm posting it here, so I can see if there is any interest in it or maybe if it could attract anyones attention.

So I was thinking about making some advertisements in the different forums of any active clan. So they can make a team and join up.
I already made such a post in the forums of TeamMuppet. They are a clan based on ETlegacy. And there is already some interest. See link underneath:
https://teammuppet.com/home/forums/topi ... ent-193495

So if we got some different teams we could make a little Cup with group stages and quarter-finals and so on.
We could do some 3on3 or if possible 5on5.
As for the dates, I'm thinking each Thursday, Tuesday and Saterday of 20:00 CET +1.

Another idea was streaming it on twitch and donate the donations to Covid-19 research.

Well this was my idea, any constructive ideas or you can shoot it down too. It's all welcome.

Thanks for listening to my little dream and (rant),

Have a nice day,

eMMiel
DoodleBug

Re: Enemy Territory Tournament: Corona Cup

Post by DoodleBug »

I think it's a great idea. I bet Hirntot could easily put forward a clan team and a server team (with the real pros: S3AL, Muchacho, Monty etc.)

I'd love to watch and if there was an F-team I'd even play.

I hope you can drum up some interest in the other pockets of the world where ET still lives.
eMMiel

Re: Enemy Territory Tournament: Corona Cup

Post by eMMiel »

Hey Dude!

Thanks for you response!

I'm trying to find some interest first, after that I can make something concrete.
So I already have contacted FA, HBC, Dooc and Teammuppet. Do you still know any other active ET clans who would be interested?

If I can arrange something concrete, I will keep you guys updated.

eMMiel